SWS Member Information
The Sierra Watercolor Society is an active and popular organization enjoyed by numerous members and guests. Members volunteer their time as Board Members, Chairpersons, Art Angels, and multiple other activities to make SWS a successful and sharing society.
Five meetings are held annually, as well as a Christmas party for members and the public.
1) Nevada Fine Arts www.nvfinearts.com offers a 10% discount on purchases of $5 or more.
2) Exhibits. We have 4- 6 exhibits a year throughout Reno & Washoe County. Only members can show in SWS Exhibits, all opportunities to sell your paintings.
3) Workshops. Our 4 workshops each year by highly acclaimed artists cost less for members than for non-members.
4) Challenge. Only members can present a painting in the challenge at each meeting. It is a fun informal way to display a watercolor without exhibiting in a public venue.
5) Camaraderie of fellow painters.
6) Members can announce their achievements and recognition in our monthly newsletter. If you are a teaching member, you may be listed as such in the newsletter and on our website.
7) You have an opportunity to serve on the Board as an officer or chairperson!
Any questions, please contact president Tricia Leonard at 925-640-1156 or firstname.lastname@example.org