SWS sponsors water media and related workshops throughout the year. Recognized artists from around the nation are brought to Reno to teach classes, which are available to members and non-members. Fees are very reasonable. Registrations for each workshop opens three months prior to the workshop. At that time the cost of the workshop is established and announced in our monthly newsletter. Signups open on the day designated in the announcement.
For more information, please call Gina Lijoi at (775) 843-1209 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. To register, please see Workshop Fees and Procedures on this page.
Birgit O'Connor Workshop
Release the fear, jump in, be brave and dramatic while challenging yourself in this exciting watercolor workshop. Learn how to take a seemingly delicate or ordinary flower and transform it into a painting that commands attention. Navigate through what we see at first glance and watch it evolve into a composition that makes a statement. Work from sketches that Birgit provides or bring your own. Also bring a few photos to explore and to discuss as future compositions.
About the Artist
Award-winning international artist/author/instructor Brigit O'Connor is known for her unique teaching abilities and her bold floral designs. She is a top seller for North Light books. Her current titles are "Watercolor in Motion" and "Watercolor Essentials" with a third book to be released this year. Along with her own works she has been included in three other books and appears in over 40 national and international publications. Her most current include INK in New Mexico, Florida; Dobry Zank (publication in Poland); "L'Art de l'Aquarelle" in France; Artist Magazine and Watercolor Artist Magazine in the US. Memberships include Cambridge Who's Who, Who's Who in America and Who's Who in American Women. She's also a signature member of LWS and CWA. Birgit owns her own online school and has developed numerous courses to help students unlock their own creativity, build confidence and navigate through the challenging medium of watercolor. For workshop schedule visit www.birgitoconnor.com
WORKSHOP FEES & PROCEDURES
1. The deposit must be paid in order to reserve a seat. Because we need to make a commitment to our presenters 30 days prior to the workshop, if you wait until after 30 days prior to the workshop, it could be filled or cancelled. Signups are taken first-come first-served and workshops are limited to 20 attendees. Make checks payable to SWS & send to Treasurer, Sierra Watercolor Society, PO Box 70564 Reno NV 89570 to reserve your space. Include your mailing address, email, and phone number. Gina Lijoi will send out the supply list about three weeks before the workshop.
2. While non-members are charged a higher fee for our workshops, for $30 you may choose to become a member thirty days prior to the opening of registration. You would then be eligible for the member rate for this and all 2015 workshops.
3. Workshops must be paid in full 30 days prior to the first session.
4. Up until 30 days prior to a workshop, if a member or non-member must cancel his reservation, he will be refunded his deposit. After that time, monies paid will be refunded only if the organization has a waiting list for that particular workshop and is subsequently able to sell the seat. If no waiting list exists, the person wishing to cancel would then have the option of providing his own replacement. If this occurs, a refund will be issued.
5. All workshops are held at Temple Sinai, 3405 Gulling Rd., Reno NV 89503, from 9 to 4 each day.